When Google Home hears the hotword (“OK Google” or “Hey Google”), it records what you say and sends the recording to Google to fulfill your request.
To hear a brief sound at the start and/or end of your request:
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Scroll down until you find the device you would like to control.
- Tap the device.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap Settings .
- Scroll down to device info.
- Tap Accessibility.
If you want to hear a sound only after saying “OK Google” turn on the toggle next to Play start sound and leave the Play end sound slider off .
If you want to hear a sound after Google Home after saying “OK Google” and after Assistant stops listening, turn on the toggle next to Play start sound and Play end sound
via Google help