In February 2019, WebAIM conducted an evaluation of the home pages for the top 1,000,000 web sites using the WAVE stand-alone API (with additional tools to collect site technology parameters). While this research focuses only on automatically detectable issues, the results paint a rather dismal picture of the current state of web accessibility.
Here are several other fun facts regarding this research:
- The WebAIM Million database has 168,000,000 data points.
- It took 66.2 days of cumulative computer processing time to download and process all 1,000,000 home pages in the sample. This was shared among 5 AWS instances that ran continuously for 5 days.
- Despite being 2019, 11,200 home pages had
<marquee>and 570 home pages had blinking content (
- 2,099,665 layout tables were detected compared to only 113,737 data tables.
- The most errors detected on a single home page was 26,680!
Curated by (Lifekludger)
Read full article at source: WebAIM: The WebAIM Million – An accessibility analysis of the top 1,000,000 home pages